Are you a
With the right gloves, you can keep playing
But it’s hard to know which ones to buy—especially when every company claims theirs is superior.
Not only do you want to stay warm while playing in cold weather conditions, but you need protection from any blisters and abrasions that could be caused by gripping the paddle.
Don’t worry, we’ve done all the research and rounded up our top picks so that you can choose a pair that suits your specific needs and budget.
In this blog post, we’ll tell you all about our top picks for the best
Our Top Pick: Tourna Hot
- Made of breathable fleece
- Keeps your hand warm on the coldest of days
- Just slip your hand into one side of the mitt and insert the paddle handle through the narrow opening at the top.
- Easy to put on, easy to take off.
pickleball players wear gloves?
The reason is that the protective layer of insulation and padding prevents their hands from becoming too cold or uncomfortable while they are playing. Cold, wet hands can make it difficult to grip the paddle properly, which decreases performance and accuracy.
In addition to keeping the player’s hands warm, gloves also provide extra protection against blisters and calluses caused by excessive friction from grasping a paddle for extended periods of time.
Professional players often choose more specialized gloves designed with ergonomic features like breathable material, extra padding, elasticized cuffs for a secure fit, and silicone texturing for improved grip.
While some may prefer traditional gloves with leather palms and synthetic backs, others may opt for neoprene or waterproof fabrics, depending on the temperature where they are playing.
What types of gloves are best for
pickleball in cold weather?
There are a few important factors to consider when searching for the best
Look for gloves that are made of insulated materials, such as fleece or wool, to ensure your hands stay warm during your
Make sure the fabric is breathable so your hands don’t get too sweaty and uncomfortable. Also, look for gloves with a snug fit to keep cold air out.
Consider materials like neoprene, which has excellent thermal insulating properties, or Thinsulate, which is lightweight and breathable while still providing excellent insulation.
While playing in the cold weather, you want to make sure you have a good grip on the
Look for gloves that feature reinforced rubber dots or nonslip material on the palms and fingers for added traction when hitting the ball.
Leather gloves are often a great choice here as they provide excellent grip but also move easily with your hand movements while still providing a secure grip on the paddle handle.
You want to choose gloves that can handle the wear and tear of regular use in cold weather without losing their shape or becoming overly stretched out.
Look for gloves with reinforced seams and double-stitched edges that are designed to stand up against everyday use without fraying or tearing easily.
Comfort is key when it comes to picking a pair of
Choose gloves with adjustable straps, moisture-wicking fabric, and an ergonomic design for extra comfort during your gameplay.
The adjustable wrist closures are key so you can better adjust your gloves according to the size of your hand for an extra snug fit and added warmth.
Avoid cotton or cotton blends, which are prone to trapping moisture and making your hands colder during outdoor play in wet or damp conditions.
Instead, look for gloves made with a waterproof fabric such as Gore-Tex or waterproof suede to keep your hands dry and warm even when playing outdoors in wet conditions.
Pickleball Gloves for Cold Weather Games
While not technically made for pickleball, these football receiver gloves are perfect for cold-weather play.
The palms of these gloves are slightly tacky, ensuring you won't lose your grip on your pickleball paddle while keeping your hands warm.
- Silicone grip for optimal hold
- Elastic wristband for superior comfort
- Sizing runs very small
- Durable design: Made of tough synthetic leather for lightweight comfort and dynamic flexibility.
- Unmatched grip: Silicone webbing is fitted across the palm and fingers for ultimate grip where you need it most.
- Cool tech spandex: High-performance ventilated spandex fabric provides circulation, cooling & comfort to help you stay at peak performance levels.
- Knuckle protection: Don't be afraid of those dive shots. Added padding on the knuckles keeps your hands fully protected.
- *One size fits most*
- Honeycomb Design
- Durable & Hard-Wearing
- Breathable Lycra Material
- Instant Fit: Perfect fit from the first swing
- Flexx Fit: Adapts to the contour of your hand and fits like a second skin for all hand sizes
- Ultimate feel in any weather
- Waterproof outer
- Fleece inner for optimal warmth
- 7 Sizes from XXS to XXL
- Reduces hand and wrist fatigue
- Built-in wristband is a highly absorbent, copper-infused fabric to catch sweat
Final verdict: best
pickleball gloves for cold weather
Pickleball may not have been around for as long as some of its racquet-sport predecessors, but that doesn’t mean you don’t need the best gear.
When winter rolls around, make sure you’re ready with one of the best
Don’t let cold weather get in the way of your fun – buy a
Who says you can’t picklebrawl in the snow?
Related: Buyer’s Guide: What To Wear To Play Pickleball (In 2023)