Pressure washing is a quick and effective way to clean and maintain your tennis court. Not only does it remove dirt and debris, but it can also help to extend the life of the court’s surface.
We’re here to provide a step-by-step guide to pressure washing a tennis court, as well as some tips for getting the best results.
Whether you are a professional tennis player or just enjoy playing the occasional game, keeping your tennis court clean and well-maintained is essential for ensuring that you can play your best.
Can you pressure wash a tennis court?
Yes, it is possible to pressure wash a tennis court. Pressure washing is a common method of cleaning hard surfaces such as concrete or asphalt, and a tennis court is no exception.
The high pressure of the water can effectively remove dirt, debris, and even stubborn stains from the surface of the court.
Keep in mind that pressure washing can damage the surface of the court if not done properly, so it is best to hire a professional to do the job. They will have the necessary equipment and experience to clean the court safely and effectively.
How to pressure wash a tennis court
- Begin by clearing the court of any debris or obstructions. This will help ensure that you can access all parts of the court and avoid damaging any objects on or around the court.
- Set up your pressure washing equipment. This typically involves connecting a high-pressure hose to a pressure washer and attaching a nozzle that is appropriate for the type of surface you are cleaning.
- Start at one end of the court and work your way across the entire surface, using a back and forth motion to apply the water evenly. Be sure to hold the nozzle at a slight angle to the surface to avoid damaging the court.
- Use different nozzles or adjust the pressure of the water as you move across the court to effectively remove any stubborn stains or areas of heavy build-up.
- Clean the entire court, then use a broom or other tool to sweep away any remaining debris or standing water.
- Allow the court to dry completely before using it again.
Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your pressure washer and use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and safety glasses, to protect yourself.
What does it cost to pressure wash a tennis court?
The cost of pressure washing a tennis court will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- size of the court
- condition of the surface
- location of the court
On average, you can expect to pay between $0.25 and $0.50 per square foot for professional pressure washing services.
For a standard-sized tennis court, which is 78 feet by 36 feet, this would equate to a cost of between $975 and $1,950. It is always best to get a quote from a local pressure washing company to get a more accurate estimate for your specific situation.
So, clean your court, set up your new tennis rebound net, and get practicing!